A case study put in simple words is an in-depth research or study on an individual, a group or an institution, understanding the causes and effects of a chosen phenomenon. Have you heard or a rating scale? Though not in the name “rating scale”, but everyone in this technological era has come across situations where they have been asked to rate a particular product, service or performance on a scale that is both descriptive and quantitative. This helps the general public and the information seeker in analyzing or understanding the quality of the service before deciding to use it. Hence, saving time and a poor experience.
A Peek at the Preparation
There is a need for a well-planned and researched method to be adopted before beginning any case study.
- It is not encouraged to take up just any subject for a case study. Analysing the breadth of the topic and the good it can do to people is of utmost importance.
- Once the subject is finalized, the sources that can provide information on the subject for further analysis are to be identified.
- No case study can rely upon one source of information. It always needs to pool in data from a large sample and turn it into reliable information for the use of the public. Investigating and critically analyzing the sources are an important tool.
- An ideal case study usually involves the combined efforts of a group of professionals that can ensure a completely unbiased case study.
- Once the study report is made, it is displayed to the target viewer to analyze and decide for oneself the implications of the case study.
The Need for a Case Study
A case study aims at intensively analyzing any subject or object, carried out through a systematic approach that finally leads to valid, reliable results. This essentially gives you an objective opinion about the subject that isn’t biased or partial towards any external force. As an authentic case study is usually carried out in the presence and with the input of a group of people, it further cancels any influence of malpractices. As such a study is carried out by professionals who know what they are doing, the results are always reliable and authentic, giving the reader a bird’s-eye view of the subject or case.
All in all, a case study is aimed at providing data by comparing and contrasting a large number of samples, in an attempt to be a guide for the viewer in analyzing the worth of the subject. In most cases, case studies uncover the mask worn any agency that poses to provide the best services. In the age of information aimed at increasing one’s popularity, case studies have become all the more imperative.