SIP trunk uses internet protocol to make telephonic calls within organizations through public switched telephone network (PSTN). For a SIP trunk working, it requires an IP enabled PBX, internet connection or VoIP vendor and a gateway to support IP based voice over communication. When you use SIP, voice becomes the main element in the network like email and web in the internet. It is a highly lightweight set of protocol that delivers and enables an organization to get the benefits of internet based phones. This is the cost saving method for an organization. It considers switching SIP with the potential savings. When your company makes any kind of long distance call or international calls, then you can save a lot with staggering amount in the phone services. The benefits are far more beneficial than this cost saving option. Here are the most common benefits of SIP trunk.
- Saves cost – If you have normal phone service, you are subject to have various phone calls for local, long distance and international calling. SIP Trunk allows user to have instant access to simple and lowest prices that mostly bill a per user basis.
- Immediate ROI – Return on investment is not appreciated for many years and the tech investments are considered to be gambling due to lack of case study. Along with SIP, you can see through well established technology that appreciates cost saving from the first month of billing.
- Global potential – Being in the faster growth geographic location, organization need the SIP support. When the data and voice are combined to single network, your organization will get access to geographic location and remote worker who are consolidated. Thus SIP allows user to scale the flexibility of an organization.
- Unified communication – SIP acts as a gateway towards unified communication services. SIP offers full suite services that is used as the communication tool via video conferencing and fiber optic internet communications that includes mobility, instant messaging, collaboration and other flexible facts for a business.
- Mobility – When you use SIP within your organization, it can enable mobile devices to be flexible and user friendly to secure the instant access. The employees can access through this device, flexible with the systems.
- Network consolidation – Many companies pay for voice and data service separately that is still more complicated. SIP trunk provides the treat with the voice calls and data transmission through network consolidation.
- No physical infrastructure – Expanding organization infrastructure is necessary with traditional phone services. This can be changed with the SIP trunk. It adds phones line just with the handsets to data connection.
- No costly hardware investments – SIP trunk does not require hardware investment. This will change the additional handset and scaling of monthly service agreement.
- Reliability – Since the technology is advances with many security features, you can find the reliable technology that can route your calls and data through trustable network.